Friday, December 11, 2009

Have I Mentioned I Hate My Neighbors?

Well, have I? Here is the latest that they have done to pi$$ me off.

We had our first big snow on Tuesday night into Wednesday. I got up early to snowblow the driveway so I could get out to go to work. It was still snowing when I left and when the plow cam through Kris had to go back out and snowblow/shovel again.

When I got home I was informed that our wonderful neighbors, the ones who can’t clean out the garage to park their cars, has a snowblower this year. The past few years he would just shovel his driveway (if he decided to do it at all). Most times he would just leave it and drive over it. Then when it got cold enough to ice over you could hear him (or her) drive up because of the loud crunching of the ice under the car. From time to time I would be nice and snowblow their sidewalk, but after a while I just gave up. As I said, he has a snowblower now. And at about 8:30 am (just before the power went out) I was informed that the house was being pelted with wet snow. So now he apparently doesn’t know how to direct his chute. I mean how rude is it to simply pelt someone else’s house with the snow from your snowblower?

Then when I got home, I needed to do a quick shovel job on some of the snow that was starting to blow back over the areas that we had previously done with the snowblower. As I get to the end of our sidewalk, I hit a large area/chunk of ice on the pavement. Apparently the rocket scientist just blew the snow across the already cleared portion of my sidewalk with the wet, slushy mix when it was still warm and then as the temp dipped it turned to ice and froze to the concrete. Again, how much of an idiot can be you to shoot your snow into a cleared area on someone else’s property and then just leave it? If that ever happens when I am snowblowing, I will either go back and shovel or go over it with the snowblower.

If this keeps up it is going to be a long winter. The next time I see him outside I will be mentioning this to this butthead.

0 comments: