Sunday, October 9, 2011

Almost Done

Last week Tuesday I finished putting the last panel and post in on the fence. I finished it up in the dark, but I wanted to get it complete. I had to cut the final panel to fit, and I wasn't quite sure how to do it, but after taking a quick look, I figured out where to cut to trim it down without ruining anything.

So today I removed the plastic I had covering the posts and slipped the new post caps on. I didn't glue them down just yet though. I wanted to make sure I get the old ones off the first length of fence and that everything is good to go before doing it. I was working on one of the posts and I think that should come off with a little work without any problems.

Then is was time to finally clean up the piles of dirt I had left in the yard from digging the post holes. I had quite a bit and I wanted to try and save some of it to build up a few low spots, like around the girls' playset, and I want to expand out the patio next spring and want to have a little fill to go under it so I don't need to use so much sand. The problem is that the majority of it is clay, so I'll still need to get a bit of top soil to go on top of everything, I think I can seed it now and it'll come up in the spring. At least I hope so.

0 comments: