Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Curse

I think that Kris's car is cursed.  We were loading up groceries a month or so ago and I noticed another small rust spot starting where is had been fixed three previous times.  The last time I took it in to get the dent fixed and the paint redone the body shop told me that they finally determined that the reason for the dent was a design flaw.  The sheet metal was too thin in the area about the hatch handle so they ended up building a support rib and welding it to the inside of the door, and that seems to have doe the trick.  However, they most not have rust proofed everything the last time, because the area of rust was starting just under the the corner of where the license plate light is.  

I had to take it in yesterday and they cleaned everything up and repainted it so it looks good as new again.  Luckily they didn't charge us for it.  I think that is the fourth time now that it has been in in the last three years to have the hatch fixed.  and Hopefully it'll be the last.

0 comments: