Thursday, February 19, 2015

How Cold Is It?

Yeah, sounds like the intro to a joke doesn't it?  Unfortunately, this isn't a joke.  If you want to know how cold it is here in Menomonee Falls, have a look at this.



I was outside moving cars around this morning so I could leave for work when Kris called me back inside.  She said I needed to come in and go upstairs to our bedroom.  I was expecting to see the cat doing something he (or she) wasn't supposed to be doing.  Instead I saw that the window had shattered.  Well not exactly shattered because it was still in the frame, but it was cracked all the way across the pane.

The only thing I could think was that somehow the vapor seal between the panes failed causing the glass to break.  So now I'll have to go get a window insulation kit until I can get a replacement window ordered.  The last time I think it took about three weeks or so to get the replacement shipped.  But that means calling the window company and getting a new sash ordered, which is an ordeal all by itself.  Hopefully the plastic will help keep the cold out until the new window arrives.

0 comments: