Monday, October 10, 2016

Homecoming 2016

Today begins Alison's first homecoming week. It is USA day, or something along those lines. Frankly their days are sort of dumb, but whatever. I will say one thing I don't like is that they don't do a color day. This goes back to when Sarah was a freshman (and it may have even been before her). Some parent complained that they didn't want classes wearing all the same color because it would single out freshman for abuse. I think that's a bit of a stretch, probably by the parent of a nerd or something. Color day was always my favorite day as it lead to the pep rally to end the week. They also don't do floats, or a parade. High schools have lost all sense of tradition. I asked some friends who went to the Falls and is a teacher why they don’t do traditional homecoming activities, and she told me, but I forget the reason. Whatever it was, I am sure it wasn't good. Sort of like how they can't show the Indian head logo because it might offend someone.

It'll be a hectic week with all sorts of homecoming activities, and the game Friday night should be, ummm... interesting. The team that the Falls is playing is ranked #2 in the state from what Ali tells me, so I am expecting a blow out. But stranger things have happened.

0 comments: