Saturday, December 29, 2018

Happy New Year


This year, I didn’t get around to making a Christmas Card.  In November when it was time to start looking at doing it, I realized I didn’t have any nice photos to use, so I was planning on skipping it this year.  Then at Thanksgiving, I Kris wanted to have a family picture done, and she came to me at the end of the day after I was working in the basement all day wanting to know if I was ready to do it.  It would have probably been a better idea to do it at the start of the day rather than when I was dirty and sweaty.  So we ended up not doing one and I was fine with not doing a Christmas Card this year.

Then we started getting Christmas Cards, and we received one from one of Ali’s teachers who has retired.  We’ve sent her a card every year since Ali had her at Shady Lane, and when Kris read it to me, I felt bad not having one to send.  So I decided I had better do one.  But not wanting to be rushed, and still without a good family photo, I thought instead of a Christmas Card, it would be a Happy New Year card.  That way I can get them out “late” and still be in the window of the holiday.

So, Happy New Year from the Hahns!



I should also add…  This year, we only received about half as many as we had in the past from friends and family, so doing it later it made it much better since I knew exactly how many cards to get.  Maybe this will be the start of a trend.

0 comments: