Thursday, August 29, 2019

A New Computer

After the hassle of the last couple of days with backing up phones, and syncing to iTunes we have FINALLY decided to get a new desktop computer for Kris.  THe whole problem had been the fact that we were still using the Dell we bought as the extra computer for Sarah to do her homework on when she was in either 5th of 6th grade.  I think it was 5th, but I could be wrong.  It was originally a Windows XP operating system, and I upgraded it one to Vista.  It had been slow, but was good enough for what Kris used it for.  Until of course Microsoft stopped supporting the OS.  Since then its performance has been getting progressively worse.  

The last straw was when I found out that I could not update iTunes to handle Kris's new phone.  After discussing it, we decided to bite the bullet and get a new one.  The good thing is that we only needed a new tower.  No need to get a new monitor, or keyboard, etc.  In addition, it was on sale so I also saved almost $100 on it.  Now, we should be completely updated in both phones and computers for the foreseeable future.

0 comments: