Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Update

It has been a while since I have had a free moment to sit down and write out what has been going on, so here is a brief description of what we have been doing for the past two weeks.

Kris had a mother-daughter event with the girls for scouts where they painted plates. They spent two hours designing and painting. In the end the people running the event took the plates back to put a glaze on them and bake them in a kiln. We should have them back in a couple of weeks so we’ll post some photos when they get here.

Next we had “family night” at dance, which is code for allowing parent to sit and watch. The girls have their recital coming up in about a month so they are working hard to get their routines down. The girls also got to pick up their costumes. They were very excited to finally get them, more so Alison than Sarah. One of Sarah’s costumes is VERY glittery. We took it out to make sure it fit (and also because we have to do a slight modification to the straps) and it got all over the floor. Pictures are coming up on 5/21 so until then it’ll stay in the bag, except for fixing the straps.

I was finally able to get some fertilizer down on the lawn. It really needed it, especially in the backyard. When the pine trees were cut down last year and we filled in where they were as well as behind the garage, the plan was to lay sod, well the sod farm was out at the time and if I had waited for the sod farm to cut more it would have been October before I could have laid it. SO I seeded the spots instead. However, the topsoil now has sprouted what appears to be some sort of goldenrod type weeds. As soon as we have a few dry days in a row and the sponge that is my backyard has dried up enough, I’ll be spraying weed killer to see if I can kill them. It may be a moot point since I have plenty of low spots that I am going to attempt to fill and seed this year.

0 comments: