Monday, July 20, 2009

Girl Scout Camp

Today starts the best week of the year, Girl Scout Day Camp! (Note, insert sarcasm). The girls have a blast, but for the parents (check that, moms) who go along and volunteer, I would say that this is the week they dread. You should see what they look like coming off the bus at the end of the day. To be nice I will call it haggard. Since the girls have to be back here for other things at night (such as cheerleading or dance) Kris is driving out to camp by herself every day. She is doing two days with Alison’s troop/group and two days with Sarah’s troop/group. This year, I am also going to go to “dad’s day” which is Friday this year, so I’ll get a first hand look at this year’s chaos. Actually I shouldn’t call it chaos, because the Girl Scout people do a pretty good job at organizing everything. I think it is more the heat, or rain and all the screaming on the bus that does everyone in by the end of the day. Summaries to come at week’s end.

0 comments: