Saturday, June 5, 2010

America's Funniest

When we got back from the zoo, Kris and I had to run a couple of errands while Alison went back to school for the 3rd thru 5th grade recorder concert. So when we got home we were carrying some groceries into the house when Kris saw a wasp flying around the back door. She proceeded to watch it as is flew up to a small gap in the soffet and disappeared underneath.

Since I have already knocked down 4 separate nests in the last few weeks, I figured they were trying to start another. So I got out the wasp & hornet spray and took aim. Kris was watching from the back door as I fired the stuff into the gap. I got it, but nothing came out, so I decided it needed another shot. One problem, the wind shifted. I ended up with a cloud off wasp & hornet mist in my face. I happened to step backward, forgetting I was on the porch, and staggered backwards, off balance. I ended up smashing my head into the light on the front of the garage, which staggered me.

I ended up seeing starts for what seemed to be about 15 seconds or so, which made me take a knee. At least I can say I was coherent enough to kneel down so I would go staggering all over the yard.

After the fact when I thought about what happened, I thought, this is the kind of thing you see on America’s Funniest Home Videos. Too bad Kris didn’t have the video camera on. That would have probably netted me some cash, because I am sure I looked like a dope.

0 comments: