Saturday, July 2, 2011

New Car

At age 42 I can finally say I am the owner of a new car. I had been thinking about a replacement for the Lancer for quite some time, and had been casually looking. Well after taking Bob's car in I started to look around a little more seriously. I had been focusing on a used car based solely on price, and was looking at Ford Escapes, the Hyundai Tuscon mainly, though I was looking at anything in that class. The salesman at the Hyundai dealer where we got Kris's car and her dad's car let me test drive a new Tuscon when we had sold back her dad's. I really liked it, but the price tag was a little out of my range.

It turns out that while Kris was looking thru a list of used cars, she found that the Ford dealer here in the Falls was running a "Construction Sale" and needed to get rid of some inventory. As a result, we found a Ford Escape with everything that I was looking for listed for just a little more than the used cars I was looking at. We went and took a test drive quickly, and I liked the way it handled.

We went back the next day to get a little more information on it (warranty, other features, etc.) and ended up buying it. So I now have a 2011 Black Ford Escape XLT. Photos to come if I remember to take a few after washing it.

0 comments: