Sunday, January 20, 2013

WACPC State Champs!

I guess taking first place at the Heat competition two weeks ago had some affect, because Saturday morning the MFHS JV Cheer team took first place in the WACPC State Jam 2013.  The girls were in the large JV Cheer division going against five other teams.  I thought they were up against some tough competition.  There were a couple of other teams that I thought were giving them a run, and when it came time to announce the awards, it was pretty tense, especially when the second place team was announced.  Many of the other parents thought that the second place team actually had the best routine, or at best was the Falls' toughest competition.  We were worried that the judges had marked them down and they weren't even going to place.  Then they announced that first place went to Menomonee Falls, and the girls all jumped up screaming!  So did the parents when I was videoing the awards, so I didn't get the initial reaction. 

So, without further adieu, I present the 2013 WACPC JV Large Cheer State Champs:



And a couple of pictures of the girls with their trophy and medals:






0 comments: