Wednesday, January 2, 2013

The Recall, Recall

Last week while the kids were off of school and Kris didn't need her car, I called to get it in to see about having the airbag sensor in the seat fixed.  I figured I would just take a long lunch, drive it down, and then have them shuttle me back to work.  Kris could then pick me up from work and we could go down later and pick it up.  When I got there the manager I had spoken to the week before asked if they had called and told me things were all set.  I told him, no, I didn't know I was supposed to wait.  I thought things were already "set", but I guess not.

I told the guy that Kris didn't need the car last week and it didn't matter if they had to have it for a while to get fixed, and that I thought all they wanted was to be able to call someone at their support operation which is why I needed to bring it in during the week. 
Apparently the North American operations were all shut down from Christmas until the New Year.  They had left a message for the rep that handles these sorts of things but they hadn't heard back from him yet.  They were going to email him a message too, but they didn't expect to hear from him until after the 1st.  So it was a wasted trip down there.  I guess it is my fault for not understanding the first time around, I'll let them have that. 

The dealership did call on the 31st, saying that they were all set to do whatever they needed to do, so I could get thing set up anytime after Wed. (today). The problem now is that we are back to having to work around school schedules.  Since we have to drive Alison to school Kris needs her car until just after 8:30, so the soonest I could get it there is 9:00.  Then Kris needs to be there by 3:15ish to get Alison from school.  So we have a limited time window.  They said they would give us a loaner while they worked on it if we needed one, but I am not sure Kris is going to want to drive around in a different car, especially if she is carpooling.  Maybe I can get something worked out for next week.

0 comments: