Thursday, December 27, 2012

Recall

No not that kind of recall though being from WI I am sure anyone reading this thinks we are going to try and recall someone else from office.  I am talking about am manufacturer's recall on my car.  In October we received a notice that Kris's car was having a recall to replace some air-bag sensor in the front passenger side seat.  I brought it in and they replaced whatever sensor needed replacing, but then when the Hyundai techs went to update the car's software, it wouldn't update properly. 

I had brought the car in on a Saturday so they told me that they tried calling the technical support people at Hyundai USA, but since it was a Saturday, no one was there to help.  They told me they thought they were going to need to replace something in the seat itself and they would call to set up a time to replace it once the part came in.

Well the part came in and I made the appointment for a Saturday since Kris needs her car pretty much every day to take Alison to and from school since we live one tenth of a mile too close to school (by my measurements we're beyond the 1 mile limit, but the bus company disagrees, however that is another story entirely).  So I brought the car in last week, and after an hour and a half, they told me that there was again a problem, and again being a Saturday, no one was at the tech support desk to help them out.  The manager told me that he thinks he knows what the problem is (a bent tab when trying to assemble the seat) but since the seat is about $3700 to have it replaced and before doing that he wanted to make sure that was the problem, which will require me taking the Santa Fe in on a weekday when they can call someone for assistance if needed.  So tomorrow I am taking it in and hopefully they will get things taken care of.  Luckily they have a shuttle service so I can drop the car off and then have someone drive me back to work so I don't have to waste 4 hours at the dealer waiting to find out what is wrong this time.

0 comments: