Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Light Bulbs

I finally had it with the light in our house.  The ceiling fans upstairs provide just terrible light in the bedrooms.  I wish we didn't need to have the fans, but unfortunately due to the poor heating and cooling in the house because of the way they ran the ducts when the house was built, we need the fans to help circulate the air.  Maybe not as much when the new furnace gets installed, but we'll see.

Anyway, I went to Home Depot and started looking and I could not find any light bulbs, or at least any non-CFL bulbs.  I refuse to use those crappy CFL bulbs.  The light is not pleasant and I cannot stand waiting for the things to "warm up" before emitting enough light to see.  If I want light, I want it now, not in two minutes.  The largest bulbs I can get are 60 watt, and what I really need is 100 watt.  Thanks to the stupid government, I can no longer get a light bulb that allows me to see in my own house.  Thanks a lot government, you eliminate a product that people want and is effective in its use and replace it with an inferior product, and then force people to use it.  Yep, great job.  That's also why our power rates are so high.  I could go on, but I'll end my rant here.

0 comments: