Wednesday, December 19, 2012

I Really Don't Hate Christmas

Last weekend I had to run to WalMart to get Kris's dad a new trimmer.  It was just one thing, in and out.  Well that was a mistake.  The parking lot was jammed, and people were driving like complete jag-offs.  There is nothing that hacks me off more than someone "parking" in the middle of the aisle waiting for someone to pull out of a parking spot so they can save the extra 30 feet they might otherwise need to walk.  Then again, if you have ever seen the clientele that frequents WalMart you know they aren't exactly into health and working out. 

Once I got in I went right to the aisle where the trimmers were, picked the one that I think will work the best for Kris's dad (about 2 minutes to look and compare models) and then had to wait in line for 15 minutes to pay for it.  15 minutes in the 10 items and less checkout.  That is another thing that gets me hot.  It is one thing if there are no people waiting, or no other lanes open, but on this day, WalMart was PACKED!  So there were a couple of people who had like 30 things, and had split it up into three transactions, so they paid three separate times and yet the line didn't move.  UGH!

So as I was leaving I was thoroughly disgusted with shopping and with the whole Christmas season.  The rudeness of the people in the stores (other consumers, not the store employees; the employees I saw were more than accommodating trying to do their jobs and keep everyone happy).  I think there is just something about the season that seems to bring out the worst in people. 

So in closing I want to just want to say that I really don't hate Christmas.  And to prove it, here is Dr. Doofenschmirtz singing the new Christmas classic:


0 comments: