Sunday, March 31, 2013

Well That Sucked

I had such high hopes for Marquette this year.  I thought they were playing some great, hard-nosed ball, had a last second win against Davidson, and a great comeback vs. Butler.  And after completely dismantling Miami, who I had picked to win it all, I thought MU was going to Atlanta for sure.  I thought the matchup with Syracuse was perfect for them, especially after we took care of them in short order a few weeks earlier at the Bradley Center.

Well it was a total kick to the teeth watching them against Syracuse.  I thought that after they cut the lead to six at the half, I was thinking they were set up good for the second half.  Short of the terrible referees in the game, MU just flat out sucked.  Shooting 22.6% from the field, and 12% from the three point line, there was no way they were going to win.  And they set a record, or tied a record, for fewest points in a round of 8 game (I refuse to call it 'The Elite Eight'), though that really is nothing to be proud of.

So now I don't really need to worry about the NCAA tournament anymore.  It was a good run, and I think MU is in a good position for next year in the New Big East.

0 comments: