Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Happy Anniversary #19

Let's see...  on this date in 1995, I believe I was just waking up after a late night of being out, making sure all the preparations were in place for our wedding the next day.  Ok, maybe not, but I do remember being out late and only getting about four or five hours of sleep before getting up and going to pick up my brothers.  

So now it has been nineteen years since Kris and I said "I do".  It hardly seems that long, and I am sure that everyone who was with us on that day would say the same thing.  We have been through a lot since then, graduating college, kids, the start of school, dealing with losing my job, some fun family vacations, the list could go on and on.  I don't think the number of years makes a big difference, twenty years is the same as two the only difference is the number of things that have happened since that day.  Almost like filling up a closet, the more years that go by, the more stuff that gets put into the closet. 

But it doesn't matter how much gets stuffed away, the idea of working together to make life fun, and build a family is always the same and will never change.  So please join me in raising a glass and give three cheers to my wonderful wife of nineteen years, my partner in life in both work and play.  I love you.  Happy Anniversary!

0 comments: