Thursday, March 17, 2016

Good News

I am no longer part of the unemployment statistics (no thanks to our dear leader, but that is another rant).  I received a job offer yesterday and after a little negotiating on details, I am going to take it!  I start April 1st.  I am going to be a quality engineer at Badger Meter making flow meters to measure water use mainly.  They make many other kinds of meters (if it is a liquid that needs flow measured, they make a meter for it) but I will be working in the utilities divisions, which means municipal water meters.  The only down side is having to wait 2½ weeks to start.  

So overall I guess it isn't too bad.  It only took about 6 weeks to find a position, as opposed to the lst time I got laid off, which was 4 months, and the time before that was 6 months.  So at least the time spent searching is getting shorter.  From what I am told, Badger Meter is a great place to work, and with any luck (fingers crossed) it'll also be the last place I end up working.

0 comments: