Monday, October 1, 2018

#TPWars

It is homecoming week and the shenanigans started first thing Sunday night. It may have actually started Saturday night. I went to bed a little after 11:00 and Alison was out with some friends late at Applebees. When I got up in the morning, I had a message from Alison saying the house got TP’d and she tried to clean it up before she went to bed, but because it was raining it was tough. She said that it was for homecoming week, Juniors vs. Seniors, and they got a particular number of “points” for toilet papering someone’s house and not getting caught, and posting a photo online proving the job.

So I guess all in all I get it. But it still doesn’t make me happy. I know we did it in high school, and I am pretty sure it occurred when Kris was in HS. What I do find funny is what they consider a good job of toilet papering a house. The couple of times over the last few months that Ali’s friends TP’d the house, it was pretty weak. When we did it, we tossed the rolls high in the trees. You basically HAD to wait for the rain to wash the stuff out of the trees. Even in the one tree in front of the house, they didn’t toss the rolls high enough. I guess I should be happy because it made things easier to clean up. Would it be bad form to teach Alison the good/right way to do it? There is a girl who is a senior and was on the cheer team last year who lives in the neighborhood who had her house done in August. They have tall, old growth trees in their yard, and it was GOOOOOOD. A week later, there was still TP blowing in the wind. That is how you TP a house.

0 comments: