Friday, September 28, 2018

Total on the Saturn

We were cleaning some things out of the file cabinet on Saturday and Kris asked if we could get rid of the Saturn file. I said sure, it’s gone, so no need to save it anymore. I grabbed it, and it was thick. Since we saved all the receipts for everything ever done on that car, I decided to do a little bit of math. I didn’t include standard maintenance, such as oil changes, or replacing wiper blades or filters, but everything else was added up (brake jobs and other sorts of parts replacement and damage). Without revealing any totals, I will say that the grand total of the repair and maintenance costs exceeded the price that we paid for the car in the first place. Unfortunately, at the time, there wasn’t much we could do, $400 here, $600 there. But wow! It sucked how that car got retired, but I won’t miss it for the money pit it had become.

0 comments: