Saturday, February 16, 2019

I Now Have Credentials

After a long while, I am finally able to put some credential letters behind my name.  I am now officially a Certified Quality Engineer, CQE.  I had been wanting to take this exam for some time, but the problem was that I needed to get materials to study, actually find the time to study, and then shell out $350+ to take it.  Luckily, now that I am working at Badger Meter they are picking up the cost of the test as a job related expense as it is part of my professional goals.  The rest, getting the materials to study and actually finding the time to study were the hard part.  I was actually originally slated to take the exam last December.  However, with spending all my time trying to redo the kitchen last summer, and then having other things going on in late October/early November, I had little free time to study (unless I wanted to just forget about sleeping).  So I was able to postpone it until today.  And after 5 and a half hours of hell, I finished and got my results right away.

Like I said, the test was 5.5 hours, and was open book.  And I took every second to finish.  In fact, I think I may have had 20 seconds left on the timer when I submitted all my answers.  But then after the timer ran out, The screen said "Congratulations, you have passed."  WooHoo!  Now I just need to wait to get me actual certificate.  It said it will take up to two weeks to get it in the mail, but then I'll need to get myself a frame for it to hang in my cubicle.

0 comments: