Thursday, January 22, 2009

Sleep is Over Rated

As I have said, I have been very busy at work. Getting the people I work with to buy into the manufacturing world of the 1990s is like pulling teeth. The "we've been doing this for 30 years without any problems" attitude is finally starting to crack. I just hope that it isn't too late.

I was notified today that the audit I was expecting from GE is finally about to be scheduled. We have to get back to them with some info regarding paying for it and then they'll be contacting us. Well, i think I am pretty set for it, though I can't guarantee it. The sad thin is that if my "bosses" had listened to me three years ago when I started pointing out all this to them, we would have never gotten to this point. That is the hard thing about working for a small, family owned company. they have their one way of doing things and aren't open to/receptive of change very easily.

So I have been getting about 4 hours of sleep a night for the last week or so. I feel like I am in college again. Hopefully when this is all over, I'll be able to sleep for a day.

0 comments: