Friday, March 27, 2009

Jo Bros

I forgot, on the 7th we took Sarah and Alison to the movies to see the new Jonas Brothers movie in 3D. It was actually an event for Sarah’s whole girl scout troop, but obviously Ali wanted to come along as well. Since it was an event for Sarah’s troop, I had to “take” Ali separately. More on the 3D movie experience later...

Early the next week, we found out that the Jonas Brothers are going to be coming to Milwaukee this summer so Kris and I decided we would take the girls for their birthdays. We ended up registering Sarah and Alison for the Jonas Brothers fan club so we got access to the “special” fan club pre-sale as well as all the fan club swag and discounts on merchandise.

I found out about (2) days before that there were LOTS of shows all having the fan club pre-sale starting at the same time. I got home from work (I took off for about an hour and a half) and logged in (10) minutes before the sale started. I have NEVER seen such heavy traffic on a website. It took about 25 minutes just to log in to get tickets. I was actually worried we weren’t going to get any, and I refuse to pay $300 a ticket to sit in the nose bleed seats to see a kid’s band. Luckily, everyone else in the Milwaukee area was having the same problem. We ended up getting seats about 11 rows off the floor, which should be pretty good sight lines since the stage is going to be in the center of the arena.

0 comments: