Friday, March 27, 2009

Riverside Yearbook

One of the reasons I haven’t had time to do anything on here lately is because I was in the middle of my annual PTA project. For the past (3) years (this is the 4th) I have put together the “yearbook” for Riverside Elementary. It is more or less a collection of photos from the year taken at various events and activities along with group photos of all the “clubs” such as the chess club or scouts. Well I try to get a good variation of pictures so that I get as many pictures as possible of all the kids. After all it is supposed to be a yearbook of the school, not just 20 kids.

While it doesn’t take that much to put it together, it is very time consuming looking through pictures, and then trying to lay out the pages. While I am by no means a professional, I try to make it look somewhat coherent. But that has been taking up my spare time for the last two weeks or so. The deadline is 3/30, and I am trying to have everything done so that it can be Fed Ex’ed up to the printer tomorrow (3/27). One of these years I’ll get everything put together a month ahead of time. I hate scrambling to make the deadline!

0 comments: