Monday, January 31, 2011

More Family Tree Stuff

I have once again started up my hobby, researching my family tree. I have already emailed a couple of distant cousins. One lives in Hawaii and was related to my grandmother who was from Canada. I am slowly completing things based off of information found on ancestry.com and it is coming along slowly. Right now in my Family Tree Maker I have a little over 400 people entered. The tree I am making on ancestry.com has 130 or so. It gets hard when you are trying to input info such as birth dates and death dates because I forget which date goes with what person. I think what I need to do is start some files with all the information so I can organize it. What I did find however is that there is a relation who was married to the daughter of McDonalds founder Ray Kroc. I found the obituary for her on ancestry.com with all the names and dates needed. So that is sort of cool.

0 comments: