Sunday, January 23, 2011

State Jam

Saturday afternoon was spent at a cheerleading competition. Sarah had her "State Jam" competition. I got lost for a bit trying to find the school. I misinterpreted the directions we had and turned to follow the highway signs when I should have gone straight on the city street.

Once we got there, the parking was unreal. I dropped Kris and Ali off and then went to park, and in teh time it took me to drop them off, someone stole my parking spot that I was eying up. I ended up drivign around for 10 minutes looking for a place to park.

When I finally found my parking place, I got inside and met Kris and Ali and we grabbed some lunch, and waited for the competition to begin. We got lucky and met some friends while we were eating so we had some people to sit with. Sarah's team was the last one in their grouping to go. I thought they were much better than the last competition we saw in Oak Creek (I will post the video shortly. I need to take it off the camera and upload it to Vimeo). I was expecting a pretty good showing when the final placement was announced, but they didn't score in the top five, which was sort of disappointing. When we got home Sarah told us that they finished 8th out of ten teams. I thought that was pretty crummy, and so did Sarah and her team and coach.

They have one more competition coming up in a couple of weeks so hopefully they can improve on it a little bit.

0 comments: