Saturday, April 23, 2011

DUH!

Friday night we were doing all sorts of running result, we were running late getting home and getting the girls dinner. When we finally got home I was trying to help bring some things into the house. I ran back out to the car as Kris yelled to me she had everything. I had just opened the driver's side door so I figured I would just poke my head into the car to make sure. I thought I had the door open more that it actually was so that when I turned back to the car I slammed my eye into the upper corner of the door. That had me seeing stars.

I had visions of when I was playing rugby and split my eye open and was bleeding all over. Luckily, I had my hand up immediately and was applying pressure. There was very little blood. At least it wasn't gushing. There was a huge lump on my eyebrow, and after a while I took a look at it in the mirror. There was a nice gash above my eye. The good thing is that it was in my eyebrow so the scar that will most likely result won't be noticeable. I was joking with Alison that at least it made me look like a tough guy. She said no, it makes you look dumb. And to be honest, I felt really dumb walking into a car door.

0 comments: