Wednesday, December 11, 2013

UCA Qualifier

Last Saturday Sarah had her first real cheer competition of the year, the UCA Qualifier.  I don't know why they do this competition, because they (the JV squad) doesn't go to nationals, so even if they get a bid, they can't go.  And this year, the UCA qualifier is early.  Usually they have a couple of competitions in before they get to it.   Plus, it is on a Saturday night, whereas all their other ones are in the morning or afternoon.  It is a daylong event at the Wisconsin Center for Cheer, Poms, and Dance teams.  By the time we get there, all the refreshments are gone and there is no place to park.  So I sort of dread going there.

This year, there was a Bucks game going on, and a Wave game all at the same time as their competition so traffic in downtown Milwaukee was a zoo.  We ended up parking on the upper level of the parking garage across the street, which was lucky.  And the temperature outside was in the single digits.

But on to the cheer routine....  The Falls was only competing against one other team, and I have to say that they were much better than the way they performed at the Indian Invite.  Unfortunately, I was playing with the video camera's settings and I forgot to change them back before their routine, so the video I took didn't turn out very well.  The good news though, is that afterward, I did figure out what setting I need to have it on so that they don't look all washed out.  So now I should be able to have a decent video of their next competition.

As I said, they did much better than their first run, and they ended up finishing first.  There weren't many fans there for them but we did what we could to help cheer them on.  Next time I will see about bringing my cowbells.  Sarah had someone take some pictures with her phone, so as soon as I get them from here, I'll see about posting them.  Congratulations girls!

0 comments: