Sunday, December 1, 2013

Snow Blower

Another one of the projects I have been trying to get on is getting the large snow blower running.  I don't think it has run on two years now.  I ended up having to replace a fuel line that was cracked, and I was hoping that was the problem.  But no, even after replacing it, the engine still won't start. 

At first I thought it was the spark plug, but I replaced it and nothing.  Then the electric starter didn't sound right, but I think I solved that problem too.  So now when I try to start it, it sounds like the engine wants to turn over, but it just never quite gets there.  I can smell gas, so I know it is getting fuel.  I took the spark plug out and hit the electric starter and I can see it sparking, so I know that isn't it.  

I tried taking the cover off and looking into the engine to see if I could see anything wrong, but I could only get a few of the screws out and the cover wouldn't come off without taking the whole thing apart.  I was worried that I wouldn't be able to get everything back together properly again, so I gave up and tried the starter again.  I tried it until the starter overheated to the point where I had to let it sit before it would work again.  

We're supposed to get snow this coming week, so maybe I will have it going before then.  If not, then I guess I'll just use the small one for now.

0 comments: