Saturday, November 30, 2013

Tree's Up!

Usually this is one of my favorite times of the year, putting up and decorating the Christmas tree.  But for some reason this year I am just not in the mood.  Maye it is because I really wanted to put the tree in front of the window this year, but we kept the same tree we have had the past few years.  So once again it got stuck in the back corner of the room.  This year, I decided to tell Sarah and Alison they could be responsible for putting up the tree while I was doing other things, like getting out all the ornaments and cleaning out the space in the basement where all the Christmas stuff belongs.  Ali started and got it about halfway up before I came p and finished putting the tree together.  Then Alison tested out all the lights while I finished things downstairs.  Then it was time for the lights.

This year I started stringing the lights from the top of the tree and worked my way down.  I thought I was good when I was about 2/3 of the way done (if not more) and I was at 1000 lights.  Unfortunately, the lower 1/3 of the tree takes the most lights.  I ended up using all the lights I had, though I don't know if that was 1800 or 2000, I lost count.  Either way the lights were all on by the end of the day Friday.  

So today the girls put on the ornaments.  I told them I didn't care what ornaments went on because we are at the point where the tree is made up mostly of their ornaments.  They put on a few of ours, well I guess more than a few, but they put them all on and arranged them.  That's another reason I wanted to put it in front of the window, we would have had more room for ornaments that we have with the tree in the corner.  Oh well, maybe next year.  

So this year's Hahn Christmas tree is brought to you by Alison and Sarah. 


0 comments: