Friday, March 28, 2014

Back To The Body Shop

After I got my bumper fixed, I thought it was time to get Kris's car back in to have a couple of rust spots fixed.  I noticed them last fall, on the tailgate around the location of the license plate.  Actually, it was in the seam between the tailgate and that cover for the license plate lights. I thought that it was ridiculous that we keep having rust spots show up back there, but this was in a space that was away from all the other spots that had previously been repaired, but the car is seven years old so I thought it was just a natural wearing of the paint and metal.  But the guy at the body shop said, no it was all related to the previous repairs.  Somehow, they think there is a sharp corner on the edge of the cover of the license plate lights that had cut into the paint, exposing the metal, thus causing the rust.  I think they are going to try and put a gasket behind it to make sure that the cover won't compromise the paint again.  So the good news is that the body shop is going to cover the repair and we don't have to pay for it.

It was supposed to be a one day repair, so I dropped the car off last night and planned on picking it up today after work.  Well we hadn't heard anything by about 4:45 PM so I called to check on it.  Unfortunately, they were swamped and ran into a few snags on other jobs, so they didn't get Kris' car done.  Luckily they offered to give us a loaner for the weekend.  They said that her car will be ready by Monday evening.  Hopefully they don't run into any more snags.  I think it might finally be time to unload this car with all the problems we have had with that tailgate.

0 comments: