Monday, March 24, 2014

Our Next DIY Project

Kris and I were talking about making some more improvements to the house.  After some discussion, we have decided to remodel our small, downstairs bathroom.  Unlike the upstairs one, there is no plumbing to deal with, so I think I should be able to handle the remodel by myself.  The downstairs bathroom hasn't been updated in some time, I think it has been at least 10 years, if not more. 

Since it is such a small space, I think we should be able to take care of it rather quickly.  So we went yesterday to get most of our supplies ordered.  The only snag was that we couldn't get the cabinet we wanted because the room is so small.  We only have 19" from the wall to the door, and the cabinet we wanted was 22.5" deep.  So we ended up having to settle for what we could get.  I just hope it works out ok.  So now when the girls leave for the spring break, I am going to start ripping things apart.  I figure that at the very least, I should be able to get the new floor in and the new toilet, and really, that is what I need to get to have the room be operational.  The cabinet and sink can wait a little bit of needed, though I am going to try and get it all done before the girls get back.

0 comments: