Thursday, March 20, 2014

Driving Progress

It's been a while so I thought I should report on Sarah's progress behind the wheel.  There are times that she does very well, and then there are other times when I feel like I have aged two or three years just from a 15 or 20 minute trip to the store.  The problem is, I think, that once she starts to feel comfortable she starts to take short cuts, like not looking behind her when she backs out of the driveway.  She also still has problems turning because she whips the wheel back to straighten out instead of making a nice, slow, gradual turn.  One other thing that she needs to work out is braking.  There are times when I swear I think we are about to slam into the car in front of us.  I can't believe it is that hard to PUT YOUR FOOT ON THE BREAK PEDAL.  I swear, I need to get an instructor's brake put on the passenger side.  I am usually the one driving, so not having control of the car when it looks like we are about to rear end someone is very unnerving.

Right now, Sarah lost her driving privileges for a week for mouthing off.  I just hope having a week off doesn't end up in regression, because it is scary enough with the experience she does have.  But we shall see how things are six days from now.

0 comments: