Tuesday, May 27, 2014

The Start of Summer

This weekend is the official start of summer.  No, not because it is Memorial Day weekend.  Rather, the trampoline is now up.  The girls have been bugging my for about the last month to get it assembled, but it was either too cold or too wet to get it out of the rafters and put it together.  But with how nice it was yesterday, and how nice it is going to be this weekend, it was time to do it.

It actually went up much quicker than last year.  It only took about two and a half hours to get it together.  Last year I think that it took about 5 hours.  The good thing was that I had labeled all the parts when I took it down in the fall so laying them out for assembly this spring made it much easier.  And there was only one injury.  I was trying to put the bases together with the supports and one of the pipes got stuck.  When I was pulling it back out to realign it, it finally came loose and the hand that was holding the end flew into the mating piece on top, smashing my finger.  It was pretty much the same as smashing it with a hammer.  There will be a nice bruise there for a few days now, and it did split the skin so it was bleeding all over, but at least I was able to get the legs together.  All I needed to do is wrap it up with a band-aid and keep going.

So feel free to stop by and have a bounce.

0 comments: