Sunday, October 12, 2014

Started Winterizing

I have begun the annual tradition of prepping the house/yard for winter.  It started yesterday as just going up on the ladders to clean the leaves out of the gutters since I removed the gutter screens this year.once I finished, I had a small pile of leaves about two feet high, so that lead to the first raking of the year.  Then, once I figured I would rake, I decided that since it was pretty nice out that I would start getting all the flowers and hostas cut down.  Once all the plants were cut back, I thought I had better put the covers on the basement windows to keep all the falling leaves out of the window wells.  Unfortunately, I need to get one more for the window where the dryer vents out.  Every year that one needs to be replaced, and I think that it is because of the heat it gets exposed to.  The plastic becomes very brittle and will crack at the slightest bend or pressure.  So that is on the list of things yet to do.

I was actually planning on getting the trampoline taken down too, but I ran out of time since we had to get ready for a going away party for Kris's god-daughter who is shipping out to air force boot camp on Monday.  I thought I would get it done today (Sunday) but I took a break to actually watch the Packers game and by the time it was over I just didn't feel much like it.  I guess it will have to wait until next week.  I still have four or five other things on the list of things to do to prepare for winter, but at least I got a start on it.

0 comments: