Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Jack O'Lanterns '14

As is tradition, Sunday night we started carving pumpkins for Halloween.  This year Sarah had us get a pumpkin for her boyfriend, so I got to carve an extra one.  I was rushed for time so I did three Sunday night, and the final two tonight (Tuesday).  That is borderline with how long they had to last but I think we'll make it.

First, Ali wanted to do an owl this year.  She had one picked out that I had to tell her was more of a sculpting picture than an actual cut out, jack-o-lantern.  I didn't think there would be enough rind left to support the weight of the pumpkin, so we found a different owl design that she liked.


Sarah picked out a design from the Disney movie Frozen, Olaf.  I actually liked it and it was pretty easy to do.


Caleb didn't have an idea of what he wanted so I searched around and found a cool design of a calavera (sugar skull for the celebration of Dia de los Muertos).  But both he and Sarah thought it was pretty girly, so he found a design of a grim reaper.  I wasn't so sure about it, and looking at it in the light I didn't really like it.  But when I turned out the light, it wasn't too bad.


Kris had a design picked out for hers, but she changed her mind when she saw the calavera she decided that was he one she wanted.  This was may favorite one this year.


Finally, we come to my pumpkin design.  Mine was the last one to be carved and I was running out of time as it was getting close to 10:00 and I just wanted to be done with it, so I just picked out a semi-scary face, though I wasn't wild about it.


And there you have the Hahn jack o'lanterns for 2014.  SPOOOOOOOOOOKY!

0 comments: