Saturday, November 1, 2014

Trick Or Treaters

2013 was the last year for trick or treating for the Hahn children.  Alison had actually wanted to go this year, but none of her friends wanted to go with her, and the friends that did want to go don't live by us.  So she settled for helping me to hand out candy.  I had thought we were going to be close on whether or not we would have enough candy to last the for the whole trick or treating times.  In the past I had gone out and gotten an extra bag, just in case we needed it on my way home from work.  This year I didn't do it.  Partly because the weather was going to be so cold.  But in the end, we were left with nearly an entire cauldron of candy.

I don't know if it was the cold weather (it was 34° with about 20 -25 mph winds) or just that the kids in our neighborhood are getting old, but it sure seems like there haven't been as many trick or treaters the last couple of years.  I remember taking the girls a few years ago, and there were all sorts of kids out trick or treating, running up and down the streets, having fun...  this year the streets just seemed empty.  Which I guess is good for me because then I get the left over candy.  yummmmmmm!  But I also miss taking the girls around.  Ahhh, the good old days.

0 comments: