Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Illinois Sucks

Today I was driving to my training classes in Detroit.  When I mapped out the route, I decided I would take the tollway through Illinois since it was the shortest, fastest way.  I tried to look up what the tolls were so that I could have enough change to pay them, and when I saw about how much each toll was (minimum of $1.90) I thought maybe I should get an iPass.  That way I had it, and whenever we needed to go thru Illinois, we wouldn't need to worry about it.  But in order to do it, i would have to either pay online, in which case I would have the transponder sent to me in 2-3 weeks, or I could stop at one of the Oases and get it in person.

I thought I'll just pay for one toll before getting to the Lake Forest and just buy the transponder for the iPass.  Imagine my surprise when I get to the Oasis and THE OFFICE IS CLOSED!!!!  It says in observance of Veteran's Day, all iPass offices will be closed.  What is the deal here?  The Illinois government doesn't even run the tollways anymore, they contract it out.  So now in addition to government offices being closed, contractors get the day off too.  Then again, Illinois unions are so unbelievably corrupt It shouldn't surprise me.

So I ended up stopping and paying cash at all the tolls, a total of almost $14 at 5 toll booths, and I don't get the iPass.  To say I was mad is an understatement.  I guess I can always get one online and have it sent to me.  There is a deal going where I can get one by the end of the year for $20 less than the regular cost, so it's probably worth it just to have in the future.  But I wouldn't have had to worry about it if they wouldn't have been closed.  So in short, screw you Illinois!  You suck!  I am glad the Packers pounded the Bears silly Sunday night.  Suck it!

0 comments: