Saturday, January 17, 2015

Fuel Door

It always seems like if it isn't one thing, it's another with Sarah's car.  Tonight, I had to go fill it up and as I opened the fuel cap door, it snapped off in my hand.  Perfect!  After looking at it, I could see that it had been broken off before and just glued back together.  Unfortunately, it had gotten so cold, the glued joint had become so brittle, it just snapped.  I don't think that I could re-glue it at this point and have it hold because it is just too cold. 

Luckily for me, I was able to find a replacement one on ebay in about five minutes, the correct color, and for only about $20 too.  So in about a week, I'll have a new fuel door to install.  It looks like it is only held on by three screws, so it should be pretty easy to replace.

0 comments: