Sunday, May 10, 2015

Happy Mother's Day

Today is Kris's Mother's Day #17.  I thought that this was the perfect time to finally upgrade Kris's phone.  So as her Mother's Day gift, we went to Best Buy and phoned-up to the iPhone 6 Plus.  Every thing was going well with it, contacts, and photos got transferred at the store, and then when we got home Kris tried to sync it.  I thought that Sunday would be a good day for her to just sit and go over it, learn to use all the new features, and just play around with it since there was nothing else that we needed to do.


 
Unfortunately, that is when the problems started.

First, everything seemed to sync OK, but then there was an issue with the contacts list, and then the ringtones from her old phone didn't transfer over.  Then the information for her online accounts were erased and she couldn't find her passwords.  Each time I got something fixed there was something else that wasn't working right.  I was beginning to wish that she had just stuck with the old 4S phone. 

But eventually I got things lined up correctly (at least I haven't heard any more complaints).  So now Kris is going to be spending the rest of the night playing with it, making sure she knows how to get around it, and make sure all the other settings are right.  At least when it is time to upgrade my phone (and Ali's) I'll know what to do.  Sarah never had these problems when she got her phone upgraded, but then again, Sarah doesn't use Outlook, or any other sort of mail/calendar program.

0 comments: