Monday, October 5, 2015

Infested

I was sitting at my desk this afternoon when my phone buzzes.  Kris was sending me a message that said the school called and Alison has lice.  I was like, what the hell???!!!  Alison had actually told us over the weekend that there was an outbreak of lice at school.  I thought she had enough sense to know who to stay away from since she said she knew that there were kids that were infested.  But I guess not.

So now we ended up having to go and buy the special shampoo, the combs, all the other anti-lice BS on top of having to completely scrub the house down.  Everything is either being washed on hot, or thrown in the freezer.  Kris had to leave work early to get Ali, and has been hard at work trying to get things sanitized ever since.  So five hours later I think she can finally relax, though it starts up again first thing in the morning.  

They (the school) told Kris that Ali can go back to school tomorrow if they don't find anything.  So she'll have to go see the school nurse prior to school starting.  And before that, we have to check her head as well. With any luck she'll be cleared.

0 comments: