Friday, December 4, 2015

Cancelled Competition

We got word this morning the Ali's cheer competition in Oak Creek has been cancelled.  In all honesty, that is a good thing I think.  After seeing their routine at the Indian Invite, which is usually the warm-up for the competition season, I think they are very inadequately prepared.  And the notice that we got from the JV and Varsity cheer coaches basically said the same thing.  So they are going to spend the time over the next month to rework their routine and prepare for the other upcoming competitions.  I hope they use their time well.  Because I think they definitely need to work on some things.  I also hope that the upper level coaches will help the middle school coach get their routine together.  Maybe we're spoiled because the teams when Sarah competed did so well that we expect perfection every time now.  I try not to judge too harshly, because I know that a lot of the girls don't have much experience, and this is their coach's first year coaching, but things can only get better.

0 comments: