Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Tree's Up!

As always, the Christmas tree goes up on the Friday after Thanksgiving, and then we spend the weekend decorating it.  This year I felt a little rushed since Thanksgiving was late this year, so I did my best to get it up quickly.  I also considered moving the position of the tree.  Putting it in the back corner of the room is nice because it is out of the way, but being by the thermostat, it also affects the temperature in the house.  I toyed with the idea of putting it back in front of the front window, where we used to put it years ago, or in the front corner of the room, but then I would have had to move the recliner and I just didn't have a spot for it, so I guess it will be another year in the same spot.  I actually ended up taking some lights off the tree this year, mainly because they didn't work.  It amazes me that you can put the lights away in perfect, working order.  But when they come out the next year they are half out, or more.  I lost count but I am sure it is in the neighborhood of 2000 lights this year.  Next year I'll see if I can't trim it down even more, mainly because of the heat and I am sure the cost of the electricity to light it.  With the heat being emitted, it just can't be that efficient.

So with that, the 2015 Hahn family Christmas tree (Note Samson underneath). 

 

0 comments: