Thursday, July 7, 2016

Def Leppard Review

As I usually do with all the concerts I attend, here is my review of the Def Leppard Summerfest Show.

I have to say that for the first time in a while, I was actually impressed with the show.  We see Def Leppard every time they come to the area, or at least have for the last 10-15 years.  And in that time, it is usually the same show, or 85% the same as every other show.  However, for some reason, this time was different.  I don’t know if it was their energy, the order of the set list, or just that they tightened up their playing, but it was actually very good.  I didn’t see/notice many flubs either in the singing, or the playing.  And at least they had a couple of new songs they could mix in this time, even if it was only two.  So overall, this was the best show I have seen from them in about 10 years.  Hopefully they can keep it up with some more new music in the next year or two.


The opening bands were Tesla and REO Speedwagon.  Tesla, is my favorite, and I would have preferred they went on second and played longer.  As it is, they did 7 songs, and all awesome!  REO had a 10 song setlist, and were, well let’s just say mediocre.  I had never seen them before, though I would have loved to about 30 years ago.  It was what I would have expected from a pop/rock band from the 80’s.  They lost their edge when they became a power ballad band, rather than rock and roll.  I am glad they were only opening, because no way I would have spent actual money to see them, other than maybe the $20 to get into the grounds and see them on a side stage.

0 comments: