Thursday, July 28, 2016

Brake Problem



We had to take Sarah’s car into the shop AGAIN today.  She has been saying the periodically her brakes haven’t been working right.  That had me worried.  One system on your car that you really want to make sure is working properly is the brake system.  ‘Cause if it isn’t… well I guess it’s pretty obvious.  So we took it in to our car guys and had them look things over.  Apparently, there isn’t a pressure problem, or a problem with the master cylinder, which would have been the first two things to consider based on the problem Sarah was describing.  So what the mechanic came up with is that she should get new rear calipers.  They are very rusty and apparently are not grabbing the rotor properly.  So now we have to decide if we want to drop another $500-$600 (minimum) into the Saturn if Sarah is going to be leaving for school in a month.  I’m not quite sure what to do, so I’ll take a few weeks to think about it.  I’m leaning toward getting it fixed, but I think I still have a little time to figure it out.

0 comments: