Thursday, February 15, 2018

Concussed?

Ali came home from practice tonight and informed us that she got kicked in the head and she had a really bad headache. So the question becomes, did she get a concussion? I really don’t want to run her to the doctor just to have him tell me, “yeah, she got hit in the head, it is going to hurt”. But I also don’t want to find out later she had a concussion and we didn’t do anything about it. Although sometimes I wonder how critical concussion protocol really is. I remember getting concussed in high school and yea, it sucked at the time. But it was also something that my coaches were able to notice right away. But I didn’t have to sit out for days waiting to be cleared. It was, “are you feeling better? Then back to work…”

I think she’ll be fine, but with State coming up in a couple of weeks, we’ll have to keep a close eye on her. Better safe than sorry.

0 comments: