Saturday, August 4, 2018

The Vegas Airport

It always seems that when I travel I see the most outrageous things. This time around, I witnessed a lady being dragged off a plane by airport security. She was screaming something about how her child was going to die because she couldn’t give her the medication she needed. Granted I didn’t see what had happened on the skyway, or on the plane itself for that matter, to get to the point of being dragged off, but she definitely looked a little nuts. At one point they placed her in a wheelchair and she was on her cell phone ranting to someone about the whole mediation issue. The problem was, at least as far as I could see, was that she didn’t have a child with her. If she did have a child that needed medication and they had to forcibly remove the mother from the plane, where was the child? I don’t know how they would have left a minor on the place alone while they hauled the mother off to jail.

After some time what I can only assume to be a supervisor showed up and was having a discussion with the lady. I still don’t know why anyone would feel the need to make that sort of a scene. After 5-10 minutes of talking, they let the lady back on the plane. I don’t know if I would have felt comfortable as one of the other passengers on that flight knowing that lady was back on. Who knows when she might snap again? I would not want to be flying at 35,000 feet when she decides to freak out again because someone might not let her eat her pudding. Oh well… I suppose as long as it isn’t my flight.

0 comments: