Monday, April 13, 2009

Time for Yard Work

It is the middle of April and I am lagging with my yard work already. I should be out raking the grass, getting ready to seed and fertilize. But the crummy weather and cold is keeping me from doing it. It was sunny this past weekend (Easter) but it was also only about 45 degrees outside. The result is that I wasted some good, sunny, and most important, dry, weather because it was cold. Normally by the third week of April I am putting the first round of fertilizer down and working on the low spots or bare spots with grass seed, getting the mower ready, etc. Hopefully we’ll get a break soon. This week the temps aren’t supposed to get over the mid to upper 40s, so I may be forced to start raking. Also, the ground is still pretty damp. In fact we had some sleet this afternoon. When the sun has been out, it has been cold, and when it has been warm enough to actually be outside, it has been raining. It’s really getting frustrating!

0 comments: