Friday, July 16, 2010

Trip to the Body Shop

Thursday I had to take Kris's car to the body shop to get some work done. A couple of months ago while washing the car I noticed a spot on the hatchback where the paint was cracked, right next to the passenger side tail light. We had some work done there a couple of years ago and I thought that when they fixed it they must not have rust-proofed the base metal properly. Well I was wrong.

When the guy from the body shop looked, he noticed a dent, a very small subtle dent. That is what caused the paint to crack and the metal to rust. So I had the guy work me up and estimate... $700! Just to knock out a small dent that is virtually unnoticeable. I wasn't going to involve the insurance company, but that was when I was expecting the cost to be about $75 to touch up the paint. Well, it is what it is I guess.

The good thing about it is that they got it taken care of in a day. Dropped off the night before and picked up when I got home from work. That was good. I swear though, with the trouble we have had with this car I feel jinxed!

0 comments: